Study Abroad- Dingle {Day 20 and 21}

3:06 PM

It was seriously such an amazing day. Possibly my favorite day in Ireland so far. We started the day with a full Irish breakfast before boarding our tour bus and traveling around the Dingle Peninsula. 

Our first stop was the Beehive Huts which were historical sites, but I was particularly interested in the 2 week old lamb and the sheep. I may or may not have cried actual tears when I was holding the 2 week old lamb. It was a complete surprise that we got to hold them and I have been obsessed with all of the sheep since I got to Ireland. They really roam everywhere but we were told they were very skittish and would run if you tried to pet them but these ones didn't at all. They were so sweet and cuddly. I tried to pass the little lamb off to another girl once I had held it, but the lamb pushed away so I got to cuddle for a little longer, I definitely didn't complain about that. 

















After this stop, we made our way to the beach Coomenoole. Amazing. There are literally mountains on one side of the beach. It was so nice to put our feet in the water and enjoy the beach. It was super cold but honestly I didn't care because we were at the beach!! I couldn't imagine actually swimming in it, but it was one of the warmer days and many locals swim at temperatures in the higher 60s which it was. 

After this, we stopped for lunch at Blasket Islands and went to a few more historical sites, and churches before heading back to Dingle for a free night. 

We decided to shop a little bit and get ice-cream at Murphys Ice Cream Shoppe which is the original location. I got some really cool jewelry for myself and sister.

Kaylin and I decided we wanted to get food at a food truck which is where we saw many locals going. We both ordered cod and chips and the cook showed us the fresh fish before he cooked it. It was so good too. And we decided to go sit in the harbor on the rocks to eat it. The weather was great and the views were incredible too. 

We went back to the hotel after this and made it an early night because we were all exhausted from a packed day. 

Sunday morning, we got on the bus to head back to Galway and just stopped in Adare, a little village town for lunch. 

There are only 10 days left until I head home. It is so crazy to think that I have been here for 35 days! While I'm not ready to leave this beautiful country, I am so excited to see my family and pups.  


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Trust Your Journey

Trust Your Journey

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Travels

Travels